Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Whoopie Love








Holidays allow for over-indulgence. Maybe that's why I love them so much. Either way, I'll take any excuse to bake sugary treats! I headed over to a dear friends house who has a kitchen equipped with frosting guns...frosting guns, people!! 

I'll forgive you if you think these look like tiny butts & not hearts. Because I agree. 

You may be wondering why we're pouring Jack Daniels into the frosting, so here goes: While touring the Jack Daniels Distillery on a whirlwind Nashville weekend trip, our 80 year old tour guide named Betty, gave us her baking secret. Directly replace vanilla with Jack Daniels in all things baking & it tastes just as good, if not better. This may be a direct result from all employees receiving a bottle of Jack  the first of every month...blame it on the booze! 

Inspiration found here and recipe found here. Bon Appetit! 

Carpe Diem, 
Mandy 


No comments:

Post a Comment